Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Chasing after the kids

A few months ago I changed the concept of this blog instead of posting about random life events I wanted to focus on my top goal of my bucket list, to run a half marathon in all 50 states and other races and training in my way to my goal. What I didn't know was that shortly after making that change I would be pregnant with our third child and due to previous complications I had to put running on hold. I'm now 35 weeks pregnant which means only 2 weeks until he's full term, 5 weeks until my due date and a few weeks until I can start running again. I'm so excited about it that I'm forgetting a small detail that may effect my running schedule, the fact that I will then be a mom to a tween, a toddler and a newborn. The fact that I will be chasing after 2 little kids and keeping up with the needs of a preteen makes me more nervous than training for my first half by the end of the year, so when my friend needed a sitter for her 1 year old I jumped at the chance to help her out and get a feeling of what it would be like to run around with 2 little kids. After this day I can't say I'm better prepared just that I have an amazing amount of respect for mother's of children close in age. 

The day: 

I brought baby A home with me and felt good that she was in a good mood. KJ was still sleeping so we hung out on the bed watching a kid show until my lazy head woke up. 

The moment KJ woke up he was extra clingy, climbing on me and holding on to my leg through out the early morning. I'm not sure if it was having baby A around taking some of my attention that made him like this but it took me twice as long to prepare breakfast. 

We ate breakfast in the living room, partly because we are in the process of moving and sold our dining room table. Neither needed help with breakfast which allowed me to eat mine while it was still warm which may not be the case once the infant gets here. Once breakfast was finished I had to clean up and that was a task. I set up toys for them and baby A played while KJ clung to me.

After I got the table and floors were clean, I had to start packing up the diaper bag and getting changed for our 10:30 play date. The dishes didn't get done and while I was getting myself ready the 2 little ones created a bit of a mess by emptying my dresser, taking wipes out of the container and both getting super cranky about wanting a bottle. I didn't have time to clean up the clutter since we had to go the play date and as soon as I got them bucket in and gave them a bottle they were calmed enough for our drive to the playground.


The playground was fun, however extremely challenging. The 18 months age gap meant that they weren't able to do the same things yet they tried. I was very fortunate that my friend K was there to help me keep track of the kiddies. They had fun but got really messy in the process. 




We headed home after playing for almost 2 hours and decided to give the kiddies a quick bath, since we brought half the playground dirt with us. After bath they had lunch and while the kids ate I started cleaning up the dishes left from breakfast and the clutter in the bedroom. I was even able to start a load of laundry. 


By the time lunch was finished and I had straighten up it was already time to go bring baby A back home. Both kids were ready for a nap and slepted the whole 30 minute car ride. 

 On the drive there my stomach started growling which was surprising since we had lunch 2 hours before, that's when I realized that my lunch was still sitting uneaten on the kitchen counter. I was so determined to clean up after the kids that I didn't eat!!! I filled in my friend about the daily adventure and what a good girl baby A was. She offered me money which at first I wasn't going to take but after an exhausting day I decided that I wasn't making dinner that night and we would use the money for take out.  It was the best idea because as soon as my husband was home from work I took a nap. I couldn't imagine doing this every day but I guess I'll have to figure it out soon since baby J is right around the corner and I'll be chasing after 3 kids before I know it! 













No comments:

Post a Comment